JMA Wireless Debuts Complete 5G Network RAN Architecture at MWC Barcelona
First American company to deliver full portfolio powered by virtualized software and IP to the 5G edge architecture delivering on LTE and 5G for both NSA and SA networks.
February 25, 2019 – Barcelona, Spain [MWC Barcelona – Stand 5D41]
JMA Wireless, a global leader of wireless communications solutions, will be exhibiting at MWC Barcelona where they will showcase their complete ultra-wideband LTE and 5G solutions architecture built around XRAN, TEKO, and PHAZR technologies. JMA Wireless has the first complete architecture that spans the entire spectrum, providing a smooth transformation to 5G services. Its 5G technologies address the full range of spectrum, from 600 MHz up to 39 GHz, and is the only company that has delivered RAN as 100 percent virtualized software technology. The result is the only fully integrated architecture that addresses both non-standalone and standalone 5G systems for in-building, large venues, and outdoor 5G and LTE, while addressing the emerging demand to move RAN assets toward software virtualization and continuing to drive intelligence to the edge of the network.
The JMA Wireless PHAZR mmWave small cells are ideal for environments such as offices, airports, stadium suites, and other areas that can take advantage of 5G spectrum performance. Combining PHAZR small cells with JMA’s XRAN provides a complete LTE/5G NSA in-building/venue solution. XRAN is a 100 percent virtualized LTE RAN that utilizes JMA’s TEKO DAS or Cell Hub for RF distribution. The combination of XRAN, PHAZR and TEKO create the broadest spectrum support with the highest level of virtualized software technology resulting in a solution that delivers the lowest overall cost of ownership in the industry.
“For new networks to become truly transformative, they must be flexible in frequency support and compact enough to deploy in any scenario, indoors or out,” said Todd Landry, Corporate Vice President of Product and Market Strategy at JMA Wireless. “Unlike traditional network equipment, the technology must be founded on software that enables extreme agility and an entirely different operations experience.”
XRAN Virtualized Baseband
- 100% Virtualized Software Baseband – no accelerators
- Validated KPI performance against traditional OEM eNB
- Utilizes PCIexpress server bus for CPRI digital RF interface
- Completely programmable for band choices, including CBRS in software
- Roadmap to NR support – all field software upgradable
- Higher-order MIMO and Carrier Aggregation for LTE performance
PHAZR mmWave 5G Antenna Systems
- 24, 28 and 39 GHz mmWave options
- Small footprint, multiple mounting options
- Designed specifically for in-building and large venues
- Fully integrated DU function with F1 external interface
- Supports Standard X2 Dual Connectivity for NSA operation
- Network utilizing standard Ethernet switching technology
- Centralize CU layer operates in virtualized software platforms
- Easy migration to 5G Core Stand Alone (SA)
TEKO Intelligent RF Distribution
- Wide range of band support – 380 to 3700MHz
- Smart DAS or Cell Hub option, independent or hybrid
- Digital CPRI inputs for use with XRAN Virtualized RAN
- Software definable radios for band and power programmability
- Full range of power options, from 500mW to 40W
- Designed as multi-operator systems
- Best overall radio performance specifications in the industry
- SISO, 2X2MIMO, 4X4MIMO
JMA Wireless is exhibiting at MWC Barcelona in Hall 5, Stand 5D41 this week. Registered attendees can request to experience live demonstrations of JMA Wireless solutions.
About JMA Wireless
JMA Wireless designs and builds next generation in-building and outdoor mobile wireless systems, delivering the industry’s most powerful technologies that enable LTE, 5G, and CBRS services on mobile operator networks worldwide. JMA Wireless’ XRAN™ leads the industry with the only 100 percent virtualized RAN platform, combined with its TEKO, NWAV, and RF distribution technologies. JMA Wireless is a U.S.-based company with manufacturing, R&D, and sales operations in over 20 locations worldwide. For more information, see jmawireless.com.
For further information: